Self-employed programs aims at bringing people that will become self-employed when they arrive in Canada.
Know Your Eligibility Status- Self-Employed
To be eligible, you must:
You have a relevant experience if you:
- Are highly experienced in managing a farm
- Are self-employed in athletics or cultural activities
- Have actively participated in athletics or cultural activities at a global level
You will be assessed on the following selection criteria including:
- Language abilities
- Education, and
Self-Employed Person Means a Person:
- With relevant skills and competencies
- Who is willing to be self-employed in Canada
- With the capacity to contribute meaningfully to Canada’s economy in any of the required areas.
Selection Factors – Self-Employed
To be eligible, you need to meet the definition of a self-employed person, entrepreneur or an investor according to the class you apply.
You will be assessed based on a point system and selection requirements. You need to have a minimum of 35 points if you truly want to travel to Canada as a self-employed person.
The selection criteria are:
- Age – 10
- Experience – 35
- Education- 25
- Adaptability – 6
- Language ability in English and/ or French- 24
100 is the maximum score, while 35 points is the pass mark. The pass mark is subject to change at any time. So, if you are considering immigrating to Canada as a business immigrant- entrepreneur, investor or self-employed person, ensure you visit the website regularly.
Your selection will be assessed based on the document you submit as well as your score rate. You need to be qualified for the program you apply.
You will pass through a crucial immigration interview process. In the course of the interview, the visa officer will like you to explain any inconsistent or unclear information, gaps or shortcomings in the document you submitted. The visa officer will make his or her final assessment based on their findings.