Visitor Visa and eTAs

Most visitors to Canada must obtain a  Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or an entry document like an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) before entering the country.

Visitor’s Visa

Visitors from specific countries may require a temporary resident visa (TRV) to enter Canada. A visa is a standard travel document that’s inserted into your passport to give you permission to enter Canada.

Conditions Of A Visa

There are 2 types of visas; a multiple-entry visa and a single-entry visa. Both these visas are valid for a specific duration and they cannot be used again once they expire.

A single-entry visa allows to enter Canada only once. Once you leave Canada that’s it. You will require a new visa should you wish to enter Canada again. This does not hold though should you leave Canada and travel to the US or St. Pierre and Miquelon.

A multiple entry visa grants you unregulated entry and exit of out of Canada for a period of 6 months without having to apply again. It’s valid for 10 years.

Travel Documents

As you travel to Canada, you and any other family member travelling with you should carry all the necessary travel documents and identification papers for. This helps you avoid unnecessary delays as you board a plane to Canada.

Minimum Requirements to Visit Canada

Visitors to Canada need to meet the following requirements;

  • Must possess a valid entry document like a passport.
  • Be of good health.
  • Have no criminal record.
  • Prove to the authorities that you have strong ties in your home country such as a family, assets and a job that will make you want to go back home.
  • Have enough funds for your stay in Canada.

Visitor Visa Exceptions

Visitors from some specific countries may not need to have a Temporary Resident Visa to enter Canada. However they need to obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) issued by the department of immigration. This authorization is linked to the traveller’s passport and it is valid for 5 years or till the expiry date of the passport.

How to Enter Canada Successfully and Without Delay at Boarders 

Contact Chris Brown, an expert immigration consultant for a consultation.

Need Assistance?

Speak with Canadian Immigration Specialist Chris Brown from Tudor House Immigration Services.

Man with blue shirt image

“Chris was both knowledgeable and helpful. He made us feel at ease when asking questions and gave us valuable advice that would have been difficult for us to find on our own.”

Alana B – May 18, 2021