Comprehensive Ranking System and Entry Requirements
This includes a comprehensive list of those candidates that wish to migrate to Canada, but who are yet to be pre-assessed. They can get points through various criteria, and the most ranking candidates will receive invitations to apply.
To be chosen, you need to satisfy some basic criteria- all the entry criteria must be satisfied by you, including having the needed scores.
Pool Entry Criteria
To participate in the pool, you must meet any of the federal immigration programs criteria namely:
Comprehensive Ranking System
This is a point-based system that will be used to score and assess your profile in the express entry pool. The duty of the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) is to assess all the information you have provided including:
- Language ability
- Work experience
- Skills and other factors
It is important to note that each of these factors plays a unique role in your economic success when you arrive in Canada. You will get additional points if you are nominated by a territory or province or if you receive a new employment offer.
Invitations to apply for permanent residence are usually sent to high ranking candidates in the express entry pool. If you are lucky to be invited, you can then submit your applications to immigrate to Canada as a permanent resident.
Comprehensive Ranking System Method
Scores are given up to the tune of 1,200. There are four important elements of the comprehensive ranking system method:
- Skills and experience factors (they are the main economic success for those wishing to immigrate to Canada)
- Common-law partner and spouse factors (such as education and language skills- the good thing is that they result in better economic success for you, the common-law partner and spouse).
- Skills transferability ( this includes work experience and education. When these factors are perfectly combined, they will guarantee higher earnings and greater possibility of being employed.
- Additional points if you get a nomination from a territory, province or a valid job offer or if you have acquired a Canadian certificate, diploma or degree.
Invitation to Apply for Skilled Immigrants
Please note that if you are invited to apply for permanent residence, you have 90 days to complete your online application. Browse about the current changes to express entry scheme.
If you are invited to apply, you will need to provide evidence of all the information you filled in the express entry profile. Your application won’t be accepted, if the information you give is different from the one in your application.
If invited to apply, you will receive a message telling you:
- The program you are invited under, and
- What you are expected to do next.
If the team discover that you didn’t present yourself well or you presented false information or you didn’t present important details, your application will be automatically declined or refused. In this case:
- Your application won’t be accepted
- You will be tagged ‘in-admissible’ , and
- You could be barred from entering Canada for the next five years for any reason.
Improving Your Score
To improve your score, you need to do a lot of things. Improving your scores remains one of the things you will need to do, that will enhance your chances of being invited to apply. For instance, you may prefer to:
- Get a job offer through:
- Job Bank or
- Marketing yourself to potential employers through private sector job boards
- Contact territories and provinces
- Get more work experience
- Improve your education level, and
- Improve your language score or skills