Immigrate to Canada from the US

  • Regulated Canadian Immigration Consulting
  • Express Entry
  • BC PNP
  • LMIA
  • Family Sponsorship
  • Study Permit/Work Permit

Book a Free 15 Minute Call


*Book Your Discovery Call to Learn How We Can Help You

How Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants From Tudor House Can Help

At Tudor House Immigration Services, we specialize in helping people establish their future in Canada. Our team of experts will guide you through every step of the Canadian immigration journey, ensuring that you have the best chance at success. We offer professional, reliable, and trustworthy services to those inside and outside of Canada, and we can help you with Permanent Residency, Sponsorship, Temporary Residence, and Citizenship.

Our guiding principles are fairness, integrity, and excellence, and we always put our clients’ best interests first. We offer reliable, experienced pathways to Permanent Residency in Canada.

Don’t go through this process alone- let us help you build a better future in Canada!

Tudor House Consulting and Chris Brown

The mechanisms of the Canadian Immigration System are complex. As your immigration consultant in Victoria, I will ensure the process is clear, safe and efficient. I enjoy working with my clients in this role

– Immigration Consultant in Victoria, Chris Brown, RCIC and Managing Director.
  • Mission

    To meet each client’s short and long term immigration goals by providing fair, trustworthy, and reliable consulting and representation, delivered with the utmost discretion.

  • Strategy

  • To reach 100% success and approval by utilizing our exceptional expertise, experience and knowledge of the Canadian Immigration Process.
Immigration Consultant Victoria

Assessing Your Eligibility

Become a prospect in our system by completing an online assessment. We will contact you through email to follow up. Choose the best option below.


Canadian flag icon

Immigrate to Canada from US

There are many ways Americans can live and work in Canada. Apply for permanent residency and Immigrate to Canada from US through using Canadian immigration pathways, such as Express Entry programs, Family Sponsorship and others.

Canadian flag icon

Spousal Sponsorship Program

The Spousal Sponsorship Program is one of the most popular ways to achieve permanent residency for your loved ones. Find out more about the rules and restrictions involved in sponsoring a spouse, partner or dependent child.

Canadian flag icon

BC Provincial Nominee Program

Gain permanent residency through the BC Provincial Nominee Program. You can be nominated by a Canadian province or territory, such as British Columbia, if you have the skills, education and work experience to support yourself or your family.

Canadian flag icon

Working Holiday Visa

Explore Canada while earning money with the Working Holiday Visa, obtained through the International Experience Canada (IEC) program. As long as you’re between the ages of 18 and 35, you might be eligible.

Canadian flag icon

Study in Canada

Learn more about the financial, medical and criminal admissibility requirements to qualify for a Canadian Study Permit. For post-secondary students, it is possible to Study in Canada and work up to 20 hours per week.

Canadian flag icon

Express Entry

As long as you meet the criteria for one of three specific economic immigration streams, Express Entry allows you to jump to the head of the line when applying for Permanent Residency in Canada.

Canadian flag icon

Spousal Open Work Permit

Apply for and obtain a Spousal Open Work Permit for your spouse or partner. Doing so will make finding legal employment in Canada much easier while you wait for your Permanent Residency application to be processed.

Canadian flag icon

Immigrate to Canada from UK

Living and working in Canada has never been easier. Apply for permanent residency and Immigrate to Canada from the UK through one of Canada’s immigration pathways such as the Skilled Worker, Skilled Trade or Family Sponsorship.

Canadian flag icon

Hire a Temporary Foreign Worker

Hire a Temporary Foreign Worker or learn how you can employ those with an Open Work Permit already living here. Fill short-term labour and skill shortages through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program today.

Canadian flag icon

Renew Your Status in Canada

Take the worry away from maintaining your temporary status in Canada. Visitors – extend your stay in Canada. Students – prolong your studies or change your status to a worker. Workers – pathways to renew or extend your status or Permanent Residence.

Canadian flag icon

Business Immigration

Business Immigration has never been easier. Gain a pathway to permanent residency through the Entrepreneur Immigration Stream of BC’s Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). If you want to start a business in Canada, we can help you.

Canadian flag icon


Want to call Canada your home? Citizenship will give you the security and peace of mind to travel the world knowing you’re a Canadian. A pathway to citizenship is essential for longterm planning.

Canadian flag icon

Immigration Consultant Calgary

As an Immigration Consultant in Calgary , we help students, professionals, permanent residents and others throughout Alberta navigate their Canadian immigration.

Canadian flag icon

Immigration Consultant Toronto

As a reliable Immigration Consultant Toronto , Ontario our services help people find a path to visas, permanent residency and citizenship through trustworthy information and advice about Canadian immigration.

Canadian flag icon

Immigration Consultant Edmonton

For an Immigration Consultant Edmonton Tudor House provides reliable and trustworthy information, advice and support to anyone seeking assistance with immigration matters.

Canadian flag icon

Immigration Consultant Vancouver

As a trusted Immigration Consultant in Vancouver, we provide support, information and advice on all matters related to Canadian immigration law for working professionals, students, permanent residents and others.


What is a Permanent Resident?

A permanent resident in Canada is a person who resides in Canada indefinitely but maintains their citizenship from a different country. If a person is in Canada temporarily or has been granted their Canadian citizenship, then they are not or no longer a permanent resident.

Note: If you’ve entered Canada on a temporary study permit, you may not be eligible to apply for permanent residency after being in the country. This is known as dual intent. For more details, contact us.

How Can US Citizens Become Permanent Residents?

It’s best to start with Canada’s economic immigration programs. They are part of an online application system that is called Express Entry. By applying through one of the programs below, skilled immigrant workers seeking to obtain permanent residence are placed at the top of the immigration list. These include:

  • Medical staff
  • Teachers
  • Lawyers
  • Hotel Managers
  • Plumbers
  • Computer Network Technicians

Workers can also apply through the Province Nominee Program.

The Federal Skilled Worker Program

International professionals and skilled workers can apply to this program, as well as their spouse or partner and dependent children. Workers are reviewed according to their skills, education, and other requirements. 

The majority of applicants are processed within six months, sometimes less.

The Federal Skilled Trades Program

This program aims to resolve the problem of labor shortages in skilled trades experienced by communities and cities across the country. Qualified tradespeople with work experience can apply. They will be required to meet certain language criteria and other minimum requirements. 

The review process takes six months.

The Canadian Experience Class

People who have worked a minimum of one year in Canada as a temporary resident can apply to this program. They must meet certain language criteria and other minimum requirements. It is ideal for workers who have already settled in the country with their families, or for those who are planning their future in Canada.

United States citizens who are immigrating to Canada should consider applying to the programs listed above to benefit from a relatively speedy application procedure for obtaining permanent residence. 

Tudor House Immigration is available to provide you with more details.

The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

Almost all of the provinces and territories in Canada have a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). Each province and territory has split the PNP into “streams,” which are designed to accommodate certain groups, such as entrepreneurs and semi-skilled workers. Each stream has its own set of qualifications to which applicants must adhere. 

Workers can apply to these programs if they meet certain requirements, wish to obtain permanent residence, and want to live in a specific province or territory. 

Bear in mind that each province and territory have paper-based—where you mail in your application—and Express Entry processes depending on the program or stream to which a United States worker applies. 

Both types of application processes require the applicant to be nominated by the province or territory. The nomination is achieved by reviewing the province or territory’s programs and instructions on their website. 

Note: Quebec is the only province that does not have a PNP, but they have other ways of hiring a United States skilled worker, which can be found on their immigration website.

How to Apply to the PNP

There are two ways for workers to apply:

The Paper-Based Application Process

Once you have applied to a paper-based stream for nomination by a province or territory and met their eligibility requirements, the US citizen will be nominated. Then, they can apply for permanent residence by doing the following:

  • Submit by mail a paper application and pay the application fees to the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada.
  • Pass a medical exam.
  • Pass a police check.

Application review times vary and are usually longer than the Express Entry method.

The Express Entry Application Process

United States applicants can gain nomination via an Express Entry process one of two ways:

  1. Contact the province or territory of the applicant’s choice to gain the agreement of that province or territory to nominate the applicant. If an agreement is achieved, the applicant proceeds to apply for nomination. After nomination has been confirmed, applicants must create or update an Express Entry profile to demonstrate their nomination.
  2. Create an Express Entry profile to demonstrate an interest in the chosen province or territory. If the province or territory sends the applicant a “notification of interest,” the applicant can contact the province or territory by phone to gain the agreement that the province or territory will nominate them. The applicant applies to their chosen Entry Express stream and will be notified of the official nomination through their profile. Applicants must accept or reject the province or territory’s offer electronically.

With the applicant’s nomination settled, they will electronically receive an invitation by the province or territory to electronically submit an application for permanent residency to the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada.

Start-Up Visa Program

US entrepreneurs may be able to apply to Canada’s Start-Up Visa program and gain permanent residency. They must meet certain criteria, such as:

  • Own a qualifying business
  • Have proof that a designated organization financially supports you
  • Meet a province or territory’s language requirements
  • Have a sufficient amount of funds once the move to Canada is completed

If a US entrepreneur is eligible, they must get the online application package, which will assist them in filling out the application forms. Additionally, a US entrepreneur will have to pay application fees online. If the business has several partners and they are all applying for permanent residency, each partner must submit their own application. The applications will be reviewed only once they have all been submitted and received.

Book a Free Discovery Call Today. 

Book an Appointment

We Are Ready to Assist


What is an RCIC?

Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants are professionally trained and qualified immigration practitioners who receive accreditation from the Canadian Government through an oversight body, the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants (CICC).

This oversight body operates in similar fashion to a law society, regulating the Canadian immigration consulting profession and protecting the consumers of immigration services.

If you are considering immigration to Edmonton, having an RCIC on your side will help you safely navigate the complexities of the Canadian immigration system and achieve your long-term immigration goals.

Our Seals of Approval

Want to Immigrate to Canada from Germany?

Request Our Welcome Package

  • Learn about our services and process

  • View our packages, plans and fees

  • Book an appointment to speak with a Consultant